Want to recognize a nurse that went above and beyond?
The DAISY Award® & DAISY Team Award™
The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune SYstem) Award® for Extraordinary Nurses was created in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died of 33 of ITP, an auto-immune disease. The Barnes Family was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring, and compassion of the nurses who cared for Patrick. They created this international award to say thank you to nurses everywhere.
The DAISY Team Award™ will be presented each year in May, and recognizes that while achieving better patient and family outcomes may start with an individual, it often takes an entire team to implement it successfully. The DAISY Team Award™ is designed to honor the collaboration of two or more people, led by a nurse, and who identify and meet patient and/or patient family needs by going above and beyond the traditional role of nursing.
Who can be nominated?
Anyone can nominate a nurse for the DAISY Award® and the DAISY Team Award. The DAISY Award® committee makes their selection by who exemplifies the following characteristics:
- Established a special connection with a patient/family
- Has significantly made a difference in the life of a patient
- Shows empathy in all situations
- Is an outstanding role model for the nursing profession
- Generates enthusiasm and energy towards meeting the challenges of nursing
- Consistently exhibits excellent interpersonal skills
- Exemplifies the essence of professional nursing in all activities